Complaint System Guide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

Pathiean #21 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 18:56

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4319 battles

View PostJoe_B, on Feb 27 2012 - 14:16, said:

What is it with you guys that want to hang those having what is often completely out of their control?

I have seen people in chat berate someone for being AFK who obviously never loaded (name dark grey).  Do you think they are happy about their circumstance?

Other times someone just loads in slowly.  There are people in the first 30 seconds of battle ripping someone a new one.  They might have a piss poor connection or junk computer... do you think they are happy about their situation.

Then there are the people like me that has their game crash/internet blip disconnect on them from time to time.  It is rare but happens.  There is nothing I can't stand more than someone calling me every name under the sun simply because my game crashed on me.

Are there people that are gaming the system, sure.  But it is not as many as you "hang the AFKers" make it out to be.
I have played A LOT of battles.  I see few if any consistent AFKers.

Just play the game and be happy that you "never" have any problems that make you less than effective for the team.

Im sorry but its like you are not playing the same game as most of us. I honestly cant count the amount of people I see afk each week. They sit on the spawn point almost always until the match is just about over, or until someone shoots at them. They do not contribute to the teams effort and in a lot of cases these are not low lv tanks, but normally they sit around the top of the teams list. These people are for the most part pure leaches.

I understand that RL happens, I understand the game may crash (heck it happens to me once in a while) But I have always been able to get back into the game to take part. If this were just one or two cases here and there I would not have such a big problem with it, But this is a issue that happens constantly. I would say I have had 1 in 7 matches the past few weeks where I have had people going afk like this. There should be a way to report afk players. Since its bases on a rating scale if they get enough reports then action should be taken. If they do not get many, then there is no harm done. Good rule of thumb to follow is if you have to afk every few min, EVERY single match, maybe you should try playing the game another time when your not so busy.

Joe_B #22 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 19:31

Captain

• Players
  • 22854 battles
  • [VPG-S] VPG-S
My concern is if you add an AFK or similar then those that have the issues I describe would be reported by those that can't help but whine about every little thing.  They get mad at everyone all the time.

Personally, I have yet to even think about reporting anyone.  It's just a game.  I dislike losing but I am not going to let some minor little issue cause me to explode in rage.  My epeen would not be boosted by being on the Hall of Fame leaderboard for whatever stats is being ruined by team failure.

I am an average player enjoying a game.
If you are ultra competetive and can't stand to lose and have to be able to strut your epeen stats no matter what... a team game is not for you because someone will find a way to let you down most of the time.

Jason1138 #23 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 19:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9203 battles
"Personally, I have yet to even think about reporting anyone. It's just a game"

if you haven't been on a team where someone tk'd multiple friendly tanks for laughs then you haven't been playing very long. i've been on teams where 1 guy with a derp killed 4 friendlies and reporting people like that isn't "e-peen" its just common sense

RufusLeaking #24 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 20:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12672 battles

View PostSnipe4Food, on Feb 27 2012 - 13:46, said:

We honestly need a way to report players for being afk.  In my opinion that is worse than someone who gives away the location of teammates. It can completely ruin a game, especially if the afk person is a high tier tank.

It is aggravating, but I would guess some AFK's are valid. Remember this is a game and players may have sudden issues come up that have a higher priority.

Tracer001 #25 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 20:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7903 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T

View PostJoe_B, on Feb 27 2012 - 19:31, said:

My concern is if you add an AFK or similar then those that have the issues I describe would be reported by those that can't help but whine about every little thing.  They get mad at everyone all the time.

Personally, I have yet to even think about reporting anyone.  It's just a game.  I dislike losing but I am not going to let some minor little issue cause me to explode in rage.  My epeen would not be boosted by being on the Hall of Fame leaderboard for whatever stats is being ruined by team failure.

If you are ultra competetive and can't stand to lose and have to be able to strut your epeen stats no matter what... a team game is not for you because someone will find a way to let you down most of the time.

I full heartedly agree.  I usually load within the first 30 seconds but there are occasions where I don't load for 2 minutes, a few at 5 minutes and even one at 10.  I am not AFK, I am sitting at my keyboard cursing WOT for not letting me in.  At the 10 minute mark I seem to load right at the point where I hear an explosion and the nit wit saying we're done for everyone get out.  Personally I too think this is only a game and people need to relax.  And the comment about teamwork, its a public server for gods sake, how much team work can you expect.  Nothing I hate more than seeing my entire team heading for one side and get themselves all killed.  

Also I don't like the idea of being able to complain against someone with bad play.  Again, its a game not real life, this is an arcade game at that.  If someone plays bad my only hope is perhaps they learned something or will over coming battles.  This complaint system worried me that it will be abused by the type of players who complain when you are not fighting the way they want you too.  I have camped the base before just to mix things up and when no one hangs back, but in all cases I move from side to side engaging targets and have saved the base a number of times. Sometimes the best strategy is not to all rush for that choke point in El Haluf and die trying to climb the hill in a heavy by 3 or 4 arty raining grief down on you.  Sometimes its better to snipe for a bit, then either rush or defend.

I'm very much a team player, I tend to follow larger tanks or big TD's in order to watch their back/flank.  Or hope that when I drive my tier 8 I can get the same kind of support.  If I see a hole I try to fill it.  If I make a bad decision I shouldn't be allowed to have a complaint against me.  Sometimes crap happens.  If you want to call me names go ahead, I won't complain against anyone who calls me a name, I couldn't care less.  As long as I did my best to help my team get that win.

I am more of a serious player, and am not the best nor worst, just average.  Just want to have a good time.  See you all out on the battlefield.

Zekoo #26 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 21:01

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5004 battles
I agree with Joe_B, i have the very rare occasional blue screen sometimes in World of Tanks, once every maybe 100 battles, and everytime i come back in i have an group of players whining at me for being an AFK noob etc,

I also live in New Zealand and so our net is not the most stable in the world and dissconects do happen, my PC is way over spec for this game, but you can't control random glitches in your internet connection or computer, i could just see people abusing an AFK report system,

Yes there are a lot of AFKers and yes they are really annoying but it might be better if WG implimented some sort of system that records if you don't press any keys in a battle for multiple battles, say if someone does 100 battles, but for 80 or so of those battle there are very few key presses, and little movement

Then it would flag the account for WG to investigate or something like that

Snipe4Food is the perfect example of how a system like this could go wrong, as he/she immediatly assumes that if you didn't load in or you crash you have an underspec computer?

:Smile_harp:

Gherig #27 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 21:02

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11089 battles
  • [OTG] OTG
If a tank has loaded from the start of the game, and has not moved a milimeter (either in position or his gun is still pointed down) and remains this way the entire game, then there should be a way to report them.  I have seen games go the full 15 min and this happen, only to join the next game and low and behold the exact same tank is in the next game doing the same thing.

if you go LD or desktop, then it would be a rare occasion and the system, even reported wont generate a "action" on you to investigate, but the above described scenario happens all to often now and has to stop.  There has to be a way to report that.

Bravo_Zulu_000 #28 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 21:27

Major

• Players
  • 7241 battles
  • [-B-Z-] -B-Z-
If they are ranking a player based on complaints, then where I can see the ranking I have for my account. I have reported a couple of players for blatent afk or unfair play but I never know if anyone is actually checking up on the complaints. Now I find out that I'm being ranked based on such complaints and I have no idea what my ranking is nor how valid it should be. If a player is being ranked, then the player should have access to such information as well as the ability to find out of they have complaints against them. Otherwise, it seems rather arbitrary and useless.

Stieger #29 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 21:28

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 27529 battles
Afkers should be UNFAIR Play !!

Stieger #30 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 21:31

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 27529 battles

View PostPathiean, on Feb 27 2012 - 18:56, said:

Im sorry but its like you are not playing the same game as most of us. I honestly cant count the amount of people I see afk each week. They sit on the spawn point almost always until the match is just about over, or until someone shoots at them. They do not contribute to the teams effort and in a lot of cases these are not low lv tanks, but normally they sit around the top of the teams list. These people are for the most part pure leaches.

I understand that RL happens, I understand the game may crash (heck it happens to me once in a while) But I have always been able to get back into the game to take part. If this were just one or two cases here and there I would not have such a big problem with it, But this is a issue that happens constantly. I would say I have had 1 in 7 matches the past few weeks where I have had people going afk like this. There should be a way to report afk players. Since its bases on a rating scale if they get enough reports then action should be taken. If they do not get many, then there is no harm done. Good rule of thumb to follow is if you have to afk every few min, EVERY single match, maybe you should try playing the game another time when your not so busy.
If I see a player sitting there up to 2 minutes to play which should give them enough time to get in and do something other than thatI would report him, but trust me there are those that are AFK and will use your excuse!

Stieger #31 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 21:35

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 27529 battles

View PostJoe_B, on Feb 27 2012 - 19:31, said:

personally if the player can not contritube to the game then they shouldnt play people like yourself more than likely use this type of excuse its a team game! if they dont want to partake with other players then dont, imagine if they were in real combat then they went afk???

Jason1138 #32 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 21:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9203 battles
if you're saying 1 game in 1000 you can't load for 10 min, then 1 report per 1000 games shouldn't really hurt you, right?

Zekoo #33 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 21:51

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5004 battles

if you're saying 1 game in 1000 you can't load for 10 min, then 1 report per 1000 games shouldn't really hurt you, right?

This is semi true, although i didn't say 1 in ever 1000 but you may have been refering to another post, the thing to consider though is that more than one player in that one game may report you, you could get eight of the fifteen players report you for being afk in that one match, thats eight ticks, not one

It also sounds like most of you want players that get many AFK reports to be banned, which means if that happens reporting a player that just owned you for being AFK is going to be the most common picked report,

AFK players are annoying as hell, especially if they are the high teirs, but usually i find when i have an AFK'er on my team, we lose the game so badly i think to myself, even if he was not AFK then we would have likely still lost, as people who AFK usually suck ass at the game anyway

:Smile-izmena:

AlienInvader #34 Posted Feb 28 2012 - 00:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9541 battles
I usually do not move for the first maybe 5-10 sec to see how the team spreads out.  I've been called (and I assume reported) as being afk or a bot many times.

mizaralcor #35 Posted Feb 28 2012 - 01:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7769 battles

View PostSnipe4Food, on Feb 27 2012 - 14:44, said:

if your rig can't even handle the game then why would you even try to play it? A person who can't load, loads in late all the time, or has such a low fps they can't play is detrimental to the team and should not be playing a game that requires teamplay. There are minimum specs listed on the website for a reason.
Even rigs that pass the minimum requirements, but not by much, would have some trouble running the game from time to time. Also at least from what I have noticed, some maps seem to have FPS drops and place heavier load on the computer compared to other maps, probably due to memory leaks or such.

Connection can also be a problem. And no, getting better connection may not always be a viable option, for example due to geographical distance to the actual physical server. There are parts of the world where due to physical distance to the location of the NA server, connection lags and sometimes disconnects can happen somewhat regularly. And for most of these players, moving to any of the other two servers is not always an option.

I agree that if somebody purposefully AFK just to leech exp repeatedly on regular basis, the player may deserve a ban punishment. I also agree that playing with insufficient computer or connection makes you a liability onto the team in a multiplayer game, but barring them from playing the game itself due to bans is not really a right thing to do.

RomuIus #36 Posted Feb 28 2012 - 02:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 18105 battles
  • [-NAG-] -NAG-

View PostSnipe4Food, on Feb 27 2012 - 13:46, said:

We honestly need a way to report players for being afk.  In my opinion that is worse than someone who gives away the location of teammates. It can completely ruin a game, especially if the afk person is a high tier tank.

This.

Please add AFK to the complaints list.  Or combine it with Unfair play.  Thats how I complain about AFKers atm(four or five min afk is just too long), though highly suspect they're not getting penalized in any way...

Hawat #37 Posted Feb 28 2012 - 02:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21213 battles

View PostRufusLeaking, on Feb 27 2012 - 20:07, said:

It is aggravating, but I would guess some AFK's are valid. Remember this is a game and players may have sudden issues come up that have a higher priority.

I do agree that some AFKs are going to be excusable.  That is the nature of real life.  However, there will be a standard set by the GMs.  If it happens a couple of times a week, I doubt any action would be taken.  If it happens multiple times per day, then that's another story.  The system will not punish you for actual, legitimate AFKs.  I'm convinced of that.

Until a moderator can clarify this topic for me, I'm going to continue reporting connected (non-gray) team members that are AFK for most of the match as "Bot".  It's leeching and I don't like it.  If this is incorrect, then please tell me.  If it is not correct, then could we please look at adding an AFK report for the complaint system?

solid_snake1 #38 Posted Feb 28 2012 - 03:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10439 battles
  • [182] 182
All i care for is the Team Killing complaint, I don't complaint about enemy players. B)

solid_snake1 #39 Posted Feb 28 2012 - 03:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10439 battles
  • [182] 182
I don't thank they will banned players just because others complaints, they will see the complaints and watch the player to see if the complaint is true or not, they will not banned someone just because your say so.

They only banned players that use bots and cheats,also hackers can't tell who is hacking but hackers will also be banned, this is how it should be.

NitroLauncher717 #40 Posted Feb 28 2012 - 04:13

Captain

• Players
  • 15058 battles
  • [WOONA] WOONA
I do believe right now AFK goes under "Bot".

I will never Report anyone for Botting if they do not load in. However, if the enemy is capping, it says you have loaded in, and you are not moving? Count on it.

I have NO problem if you have to go AFK at anytime in the match. It has been pointed out that life happens. I personally LOVE the example Sealteam6 gave a few months back. He said if a German Shephard under his computer chair lets one rip, he's not sticking around to smell it. This I understand. HOWEVER. If you HAVE to go AFK, say so when you need to. If you say "I have to use the bathroom brb" then I know the reason you aren't there. If you don't say anything, you are effectively AFK, and for those of us in the battle, a leech.
The OTHER problem is that people do not "go up in flames" like they used to, so drop outs are hard to tell too. This is a problem though, I play arty (sue me) And I am extremely angered when i load into a battle in my S-51, GW Panther, or whatever, and see an M5 Stuart...not moving after the battle starts. I can tell they were a little piss-ant (pardon my English, but couldn't think of any other description.) and Exited Battle "because they didn't WANT to fight in it". This is insane. You hit battle, you are effectively making a commitment of AT MOST 17 minutes. 1 minute to load the battle and have it start, 15 FOR the battle, and 1 minute to view stats afterwards. I keep track of time with that handy little thing at the bottom of my screen called a clock. If I have 20 minutes before I have to be somewhere, I'm logging out and leaving, not seeing how close I can cut it before "OH S*** I NEED TO LEAVE! *Shuts down computer mid-battle*

EDIT: <_< I can't do math.....not 18 minutes...17..changed 18 to 17.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users