Russian Postwar Tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

Panzerjunge #1 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 13:08

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Why are all these Post War Ruski Tanks in the Game ? The IS-3 should be the MAXIMUM allowed on the Battlefields. The Mouse could also be left out, but AT LEAST there were two operational Prototypes in 1944. The IS-7...? Well somewhere far later in 1948...?

Just cut everything that was not designed/produced after 1945. That would do this game a big favor, and keep it from going into the wrong direction.

fuzzlecrank #2 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 13:13

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 108 battles

View PostPanzerjunge, on Sep 14 2010 - 13:08, said:

Why are all these Post War Ruski Tanks in the Game ? The IS-3 should be the MAXIMUM allowed on the Battlefields. The Mouse could also be left out, but AT LEAST there were two operational Prototypes in 1944. The IS-7...? Well somewhere far later in 1948...?

Just cut everything that was not designed/produced after 1945. That would do this game a big favor, and keep it from going into the wrong direction.

Dont worry the Germans will get the E-series soon so it will balance out :Smile_great:

Panzerjunge #3 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 13:15

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Its not about balancing out. Just keep the Tanks not later than 1945. German or Russian, British, US, Italian, Polish... ok forget the last one. Just stick to the WWII Timeframe.

Torsoise #4 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 13:42

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
A whiner without arguments... why you not just play a <1945 tank game?!?!? This way the GMs dont need to delete allready implemented stuff :P

BigBadVuk #5 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 13:46

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 1005 battles
WoT covers period of WWII and POST WWII up to Korean War.

Vendettar #6 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 13:57

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostBigBadVuk, on Sep 14 2010 - 13:46, said:

I think exact thats a problem for all fans of german tanks. the latest came out ´44 and thats it. Korea ended in ´53. How are german tanks supposed to match up
with tanks that went to service almost a decade later? :o

Panzerjunge #7 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 14:11

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostTorsoise, on Sep 14 2010 - 13:42, said:

A whiner without arguments... why you not just play a <1945 tank game?!?!? This way the GMs dont need to delete allready implemented stuff :P

Whiner ? Well call it whining I don't care. Just shows me your level of communicating with others and your (dis)respect towards them. What arguments do you want. Fly a Sopwith Camel vs a Focke-Wulf 190, same thing. But it is interesting to see, that to balance German War Technology you need to implement stuff up to Korea Area.

A game that is basically based on World War II vehiciles should IMHO stick to them. Putting in Postwar stuff just to balance german tech is the wrong way. But okay, I´m just a "whiner"... Keep on rockin with your IS-7's

Asky #8 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 14:17

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15479 battles

View PostPanzerjunge, on Sep 14 2010 - 14:11, said:

Whiner ? Well call it whining I don't care. Just shows me your level of communicating with others and your (dis)respect towards them. What arguments do you want. Fly a Sopwith Camel vs a Focke-Wulf 190, same thing. But it is interesting to see, that to balance German War Technology you need to implement stuff up to Korea Area.

A game that is basically based on World War II vehiciles should IMHO stick to them. Putting in Postwar stuff just to balance german tech is the wrong way. But okay, I´m just a "whiner"... Keep on rockin with your IS-7's

First of all, it's World of tanks, if u didn't noticed. It's not a WW 2 game, it's a game with tanks until 1953.

Second of all u're first post shows u're communicating level and your disrespect towards developers. Don't post like u are the lead developer and giving orders... yes that looks like whining ;)

Panzerjunge #9 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 14:25

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Aha critisizing is whining. So we have to take everything without critique and do only "bwana efendi big developers thank you, thank you, thank you". As they want to earn money later on, and you have to pay for it to play it properly (spare me this free to play discussion, f2p is utopia) I have the right to say what I don't like.

And since it is until 1953, it will be the most propably reason why I won't play it, and really go to a WW Tank Game. WWII was the most interesting conflict in human history. Adding post war gimmicks is like adding too much salt to a soup.

Torsoise #10 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 14:36

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Asky point it out :P

Nothing personal against you paszerjunge.. but your post allready showed that you dont care much what game you are actually playing.. It never was desinged as 1939-1945 tank war game.. so no point to "whine" about >1945 tanks ;)

"Keep on rockin with your IS-7's"

Got a jagdpanther and ferdi.. dont have problems with killing IS-4s(panther) or IS-7s(ferdi)..

Asky #11 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 14:36

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15479 battles

View PostPanzerjunge, on Sep 14 2010 - 14:25, said:

Aha critisizing is whining. So we have to take everything without critique and do only "bwana efendi big developers thank you, thank you, thank you". As they want to earn money later on, and you have to pay for it to play it properly (spare me this free to play discussion, f2p is utopia) I have the right to say what I don't like.

And since it is until 1953, it will be the most propably reason why I won't play it, and really go to a WW Tank Game. WWII was the most interesting conflict in human history. Adding post war gimmicks is like adding too much salt to a soup.

No, whining is like u did, and criticising is something like:

- introduction to the issue
- the issue itself
- why u think it's an issue
- solving the issue(optional)

Be more polite, u look like a fool when u are criticising this way: "I don't like post war tanks! REMOVE THEM, NOW!!! just because i don't like them it will ruin the game!! REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE!!"

Torsoise #12 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 14:44

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
"So we have to take everything without critique and do only"

The key word is "constructive critism".. you do something that we call "whining"="demanded game changes based on your ego"..

You starter post dont include a single argument.. just show that you dont even know what game you actually play..

shit happens xD

Panzerjunge #13 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 14:50

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Nah, I didnt say remove the tanks, because I don't like em. Just play a german tank line, and you will see the point.

- introduction to the issue
Russian Postwar Tanks
- the issue itself
Why are all these Post War Ruski Tanks in the Game ?
- why u think it's an issue
That would do this game a big favor, and keep it from going into the wrong direction.
- solving the issue(optional)
The IS-3 should be the MAXIMUM allowed on the Battlefields
Just cut everything that was not designed/produced after 1945

If they would make three different classes of battles to join

1) WW2 Tanks only
2) Post War Tanks only
3) All Tanks

Guess which one would contain the most players - hope that answers all your questions.

Panzerjunge #14 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 14:56

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostTorsoise, on Sep 14 2010 - 14:44, said:

"So we have to take everything without critique and do only"

The key word is "constructive critism".. you do something that we call "whining"="demanded game changes based on your ego"..

You starter post dont include a single argument.. just show that you dont even know what game you actually play..

shit happens xD

Don´t need a computer game for my ego - in what kind of world are you living in. I am just disappointed by the game concept, not by some ingame statistics which maybe inflate your ego, but don't bother anyone living in the real world.

Yes maybe I don´t really know the game I am playing. Cos its a Beta and not released. And ? So what.

killakanz #15 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 17:00

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

Oooh... does that mean the British will get the Centurion?

theta0123 #16 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 18:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostVendettar, on Sep 14 2010 - 13:57, said:

I think exact thats a problem for all fans of german tanks. the latest came out ´44 and thats it. Korea ended in ´53. How are german tanks supposed to match up
Because an E-100 has more armor and powerfull gun as a Post war russian/american tank  :Smile_honoring:

The germans where ahead in Gun and armor levels. This balances things out

JoelCab #17 Posted Sep 15 2010 - 06:38

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9630 battles
I am happy with the IS series being in the game as long as the german heavy tank line gets buffed.

blilov #18 Posted Sep 15 2010 - 14:11

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Well, in full release tree we can see german tanks that didn't even got out of the drawing boards. At least all russian tanks were at least prototypes. And by the way the whole E-series, Panther 2 and etc. would have gone in production in 1946 or even 1947(that's not in WW2, ban them! :Smile-izmena:  - sarcasm).

ZombieLenin #19 Posted Sep 16 2010 - 02:55

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 10684 battles
I agree. In the interests of game balance you really do need to make all the tech lines, well, roughly balanced. The inclusion of post-war Soviet tanks breaks this a little bit.

I'm not entirely sure I agree with the OP. I don't think you need to remove them entirely, but you should add to the German tank line, or otherwise "buff" German end game heavies.

chickenpie65 #20 Posted Sep 17 2010 - 03:49

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostVendettar, on Sep 14 2010 - 13:57, said:

No worries on that, German tank developers designed new armor technology in late 1944 called Schottpanzerung (a type of spaced armour), consisting of many armor plates which stronlgly increase the resistance against penetrating shells as after penetrating each plate tends to deflect, deform, or disintegrate the penetrating projectile. Thus the so-called Schottpanzerung was believed to increase armor protection by 70%! For example 100mm "Schott armor" equals 170mm normal RHA armour.

Posted Image

Also the Germans designed new types of sabot rounds and kinetic energy penetrators with low air resistance, much higher velocity and increased penetrating performance than normal projectiles. This was the grandfather of modern armour piercing discarding sabot rounds.

http://img510.images...schoss018iw.jpg
http://img510.images...schoss031uj.jpg
Posted Image

Overall the Entwicklung series tanks were still ahead, when it came to armour and armament, the E-75 & E-100 both were significantly better armed & armoured than any Allied/Soviet design from this time period. And added the new designed Maybach HL230 turbo engine with 1,200 PS they would be very fast too. At least on paper...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users