French Tank autoloader reloading change.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

supershutze #1 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 03:25

Major

• Players
  • 4507 battles
Please actually read this first instead of jumping to a knee jerk reaction.
I think the biggest problem with french tanks is that they have an insanely high practical rate of fire. While they may have similar DPM to other tanks, they can dish all theirs out quickly and then drive away to safety thanks to their high speed.

One of the biggest problems I have with these autoloaders is that they are located in a turret that is physically disconnected from the inside of the hull. IRL there is physically no way to reload one of these from inside the tank. They would have to be reloaded externally, while the tank sat stationary.

I would find it interesting to see how it would work if to reload the autoloader, a french tank would have to be "locked down", ie. Can't move or rotate turret for the duration of the reload cycle, thus simulating the external loading of the autoloader. After firing all shells, reloading would not commence automatically, it would be up to the player to determine when it is safe to reload.
This would increase the vulnerability of french tanks during the reload cycle, and force them to rely on their teammates for support and cover, and at the same time allow them to retain the rapid fire, high damage, hit and run playstyle that characterises them.

Fully expecting a billion -1's for this. You get them when you place an idea that does not conform with public opinion up for public debate.

Lert #2 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 03:28

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 35747 battles
  • [M00SE] M00SE
Worst idea I've seen today. Shouldn't even need explaining.

XenomorphZZ #3 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 03:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12412 battles
  • [RSRC] RSRC
What is this? MechWarrior now?

ApplesauceBandit #4 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 03:30

Major

• Wiki Staff
  • 22197 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
I'm fine with that, their turrets don't have enough armor for it to matter, and they have the turret traverse speed.  And I really don't think pressing a button to reload would add anymore difficulty to playing french tanks.  TBH this is all a bit usless for nerfing them if that's what you're going after.

supershutze #5 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 03:37

Major

• Players
  • 4507 battles

View PostLert, on Mar 03 2012 - 03:28, said:

Worst idea I've seen today. Shouldn't even need explaining.

Yes it does.
If you are going to call it the worst idea you have seen today, and fail to provide an explanation, then your opinion is pointless in the debate.

GoofyGoober #6 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 03:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3360 battles

View Postsupershutze, on Mar 03 2012 - 03:25, said:

Please actually read this first instead of jumping to a knee jerk reaction.
I think the biggest problem with french tanks is that they have an insanely high practical rate of fire.

High rate of fire? Excuse me, but have you SEEN how fast they exlode.

XenomorphZZ #7 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 03:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12412 battles
  • [RSRC] RSRC

View Postsupershutze, on Mar 03 2012 - 03:37, said:

Yes it does.
If you are going to call it the worst idea you have seen today, and fail to provide an explanation, then your opinion is pointless in the debate.

This is not a simulator... Game. Set. Match.

Donald_Rumsfeld #8 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 03:44

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 11476 battles

View PostApplesauceBandit, on Mar 03 2012 - 03:30, said:

TBH this is all a bit usless for nerfing them if that's what you're going after.

Of course its whats hes going after.

Just trying to sugar coat it abit to package it up all nice and pretty In hopes it would slip by unnoticed. Im thinking the OP would have a great career in politics.  :P

Either way, Im sure the French line will get its nerf due to influx of "Cry In My Beer" posts that have been already made since they were released. So the people that have them (including myself) better run them into the ground before they are made worthless by the cry baby nerf hammer what will be soon to follow.

:Smile_honoring:

dwaindwarf #9 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 03:48

Captain

• Players
  • 26651 battles
While in real life the magazine was reloaded through the top of the turret, I don't think it would be practical to make these tanks stand while you reload. Your survival time after firing would be less than the reload time.

Remember its just a game. Well that's what my shrinks says, but what would she know. She plays WoW.

:Smile-playing:

fritz3d #10 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 03:50

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 6861 battles
Most ridiculous idea of the month. Seriously.

Darth_Kitty #11 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 03:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 11380 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
This is what I saw when I read this:

"French tanks are overpowered! My antiquated lone wolf peekaboo tactics do not work! They shoot on the move, they shoot me on the move; they NEVER stay still for me to shoot back and they run away to reload! IT'S NOT FAIR!"

Donald_Rumsfeld #12 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 03:51

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 11476 battles

View Postdwaindwarf, on Mar 03 2012 - 03:48, said:

Well that's what my shrinks says, but what would she know. She plays WoW.

:Smile-playing:

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ever trust a shrink that plays WOW! :unsure:

Mydragonsfly #13 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 03:55

Major

• Players
  • 5874 battles
They "pepper spray" me to death, every single time...

GoofyGoober #14 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 04:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3360 battles
These types of threads have been posted so many times, they are starting to sound like an overused joke. Seriusly, stop whinning about this, I would take these new French tanks as a new challange and a new way to better my tactics, not crying about how "OP" they are. You poeple have brains USE them!

kazuyza #15 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 04:11

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 7120 battles
I don't see any reasonable reason in your word.

First: in real life, french tank never have to do that. (and tank designer in real life if they SMART enough they will never design such a tank that require to stand still in order to reload) Imagine if you drive a French tank (design by supershutze) in the battle of Kursk and you run out of your rum... :Smile-hiding:

Second: those French tanks have their down sides (armor, number of crew AND you believe me or not their auto reload themselves is one of those disadvantage). You have to think differently to pick your battle when you drive French (try to pick one on one battle, check you opponent's HP, deal with gun dispersion even when you're firing...etc)

Hope you will find a way to deal with your own problem soon! :Smile_honoring:

ottodeadman #16 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 04:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 7598 battles
  • [RR13] RR13
1. They can fire in quick burst but after they shoot 5 or so shots they take forever to reload 2. The armour on it sucks so you can kill it fairly easily 3. They are not that hard to destroy I kill teir 9 and 10 French tanks easily with my teir 8 Pershing and my teir 5 kv and su85 4. Teir 5 up on medium line is modern we stuff also teir 8 up in heavy line.

Lert #17 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 04:24

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 35747 battles
  • [M00SE] M00SE

View Postsupershutze, on Mar 03 2012 - 03:37, said:

Yes it does.
ok, since you're too lazy to use the search function (everything in this thread has been said before, including your inane suggestion) let me give you the basics:

1) This is not a simulator. So "how it was IRL" is a useless argument. Game balance trumps realism in this case.
2) You claim they have an insanely high practical rate of fire, which they don't: their overall ROF is lower than similar tiered tanks.
3) You wish to increase the vulnerability during the reload cycle, while that's already their most vulnerable moment. They're basically moving tin cans, during their reload.
4) They are already blessed with the absolute worst armor of ANY nation in the game, more ammoracks than other tanks, with utterly mediocre acceleration.
5) Your 'suggestion' implies teamwork. Look around during a random match: see any teamwork?

But the main thing is that you are calling for a tech-tree crippling nerf, where none is needed. 13 90 and Lorraine need some balance adjustment, but the rest of the burst-firing french tanks have win ratio's perfectly in line with every other same-tier tank from other nations. So, no nerf is necessary.

Someone said in this thread that all he saw was "Waaah, french OP, nerf" and I am inclined to agree. If you can't counter the french tanks, then that's more a problem with your inability to adjust your playstyle than any perceived overpoweredness in the tanks. Use your brain: if they really were overpowered, they would show consistently high global win/loss ratios, and they clearly don't (apart from 13 90 and Lorraine). If they really were overpowered, they would be consistently used in huge numbers in clan wars / company battles, instead of piecemeal.

Your idea shows a complete lack of thinking things through, and would completely destroy the viability of two tank trees in the game, where no nerf is needed to begin with. (Other than 13 90 and Lorraine, which need a minor adjustment, still nothing as asinine and stupid as your idea).

Does my opinion carry weight now? Next time, drive a tank before whining about it. So you know it's weaknesses.

Donald_Rumsfeld #18 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 04:27

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 11476 battles

View PostLert, on Mar 03 2012 - 04:24, said:

ok, since you're too lazy to use the search function (everything in this thread has been said before, including your inane suggestion) let me give you the basics:

1) This is not a simulator. So "how it was IRL" is a useless argument. Game balance trumps realism in this case.
2) You claim they have an insanely high practical rate of fire, which they don't: their overall ROF is lower than similar tiered tanks.
3) You wish to increase the vulnerability during the reload cycle, while that's already their most vulnerable moment. They're basically moving tin cans, during their reload.
4) They are already blessed with the absolute worst armor of ANY nation in the game, more ammoracks than other tanks, with utterly mediocre acceleration.
5) Your 'suggestion' implies teamwork. Look around during a random match: see any teamwork?

But the main thing is that you are calling for a tech-tree crippling nerf, where none is needed. 13 90 and Lorraine need some balance adjustment, but the rest of the burst-firing french tanks have win ratio's perfectly in line with every other same-tier tank from other nations. So, no nerf is necessary.

Someone said in this thread that all he saw was "Waaah, french OP, nerf" and I am inclined to agree. If you can't counter the french tanks, then that's more a problem with your inability to adjust your playstyle than any perceived overpoweredness in the tanks. Use your brain: if they really were overpowered, they would show consistently high global win/loss ratios, and they clearly don't (apart from 13 90 and Lorraine). If they really were overpowered, they would be consistently used in huge numbers in clan wars / company battles, instead of piecemeal.

Your idea shows a complete lack of thinking things through, and would completely destroy the viability of two tank trees in the game, where no nerf is needed to begin with. (Other than 13 90 and Lorraine, which need a minor adjustment, still nothing as asinine and stupid as your idea).

:Smile-hiding:

Tear Him A New One Lert!

:Smile-izmena:

Coffinbag #19 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 04:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6518 battles
  • [KIC] KIC
PRO TIP: Stopping a french tank from moving(Example tank is my 13 75)

Any gun that can pen 40+ mm on the front or 20+ on the sides and 15+ on the back will be useful. Shooting at the front hull of the tank will most likely do 1 of 2 things, kill the driver, or hit the transmission, Tank can move fast anymore. hitting the back of the hull of the tank will hit the fuel tanks or engine, lighting the tank on fire(insta dead) or damaging the engine. Again tank can move fast anymore. Shooting at the back of turret, you just hit the ammo. making the slow reload, even slower.

Want to know my survival rate in the 13 75? 18%

Edit: wrong armor numbers.

Sunnyjim99 #20 Posted Mar 03 2012 - 04:48

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 1046 battles

View PostXenomorphZZ, on Mar 03 2012 - 03:28, said:

What is this? MechWarrior now?

should burn this guy at the stake.

we would be all very grateful if this was mechwarrior and there would be no complaints ever!