IS4 needs toning down?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Battledragon #1 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 20:55

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I'm getting serious problems with the IS4 atm, and I'm sure others are too, it just seems to far suppases anything else on its tier.  People complained about T44s being OP, IS4 is much MUCH worse than T44 ever was.
When I had KV3 I could kill an IS if I played carefully, (and had a little luck maybe).  On IS I killed an IS3 several times.  Got a fully upgraded IS3 now.  IS4 owns it in 2-3 hits even through frontal armour, can do over 70% in one hit if it flanks you or hits the rear.  I bounce 4/5 shots with my best possible gun (BL9) from any side even point blank, I have had 4 ap rounds in a row bounce off the REAR armour of an IS4 at 90 degrees with my tank actually touching it.  All I can do is go for the tracks or use HE which does almost nothing.  I've never managed more than 60% on an IS4 before it kills me if it's just the two of us fighting (and that one hadn't got it's final gun yet), even firing from ambush from behind.  I've seen them take on two IS3s at once and kill both with more than 50% HP left afterwards.  Its easier to hurt an IS7 if you drive an IS3 than it is an IS4, IS7 at least has ONE side I can penetrate.
My Jagdtiger can't penetrate one with standard AP from infront at much over 100m, they can penetrate my frontal armour at 300m and have more HP too. (wtf?  TD out ranged by a tank?)  I've never seen a VK4502 kill one either, it always kills them when I've seen them go one on one.  Only way to take them out atm is to throw a tier 10 at them or get a lot of spgs to gang up on them.

phawkins1988 #2 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 21:01

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostBattledragon, on Sep 14 2010 - 20:55, said:

I bounce 4/5 shots with my best possible gun (BL9) from any side even point blank, I have had 4 ap rounds in a row bounce off the REAR armour of an IS4 at 90 degrees with my tank actually touching it.
Don't believe this for one minute.  Either you're a terrible, terrible shot and were hitting a sloped section, or you weren't at 90 degrees.

And I've seen a VK4502 kill an IS4.

Battledragon #3 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 21:06

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I meant at 90 relative to the tank, was still hitting a slope armour, but what I mean was I was as square on as possible, not shooting a corner shot and making the slope effect worse.  I was firing as low as my gun would reach and they still all bounced, 4 rounds, 4 bounces, then dead.  as for sides, only parts that don't bouce is tracks, hit one five times in the tracks, did total of 50% damage and it killed me with 3 hits, 2 glacis, one turret front

Draig #4 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 21:09

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I kill IS4 on my IS with good aim and a bit of luck. Such as it should be. He is 2 levels above an IS and should be hard to kill.

Daggarz #5 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 21:19

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Frankly, all the russian tanks are overpowered.  You can look in almost any thread and see this being mentioned and still the dev's don't do anything about it.  It's a shame really; the game is good and it has alot of potential but this obvious imbalance will prevent many from purchasing.

Perhaps a renaming to "World of Russian Tanks" would be appropriate. (I would use an emoticon here but as you can see, with the exception of one.. they are all russian tankers)

Balance please.

Eide #6 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 21:29

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 2089 battles
  • [TB] TB
There are at least 2 topics already where the IS-4 is being discussed. I suggest you use the search function and continue this discussion there.

Topic closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users