World of Tanks Chronicles: The Steel Soldier

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
391 replies to this topic

Thenoob1234 #381 Posted Oct 20 2012 - 03:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15586 battles
  • [AOG2] AOG2
Do I spy a reference to my story, or is that "Sherman getting the !#$% beaten up by a tiger tank" just a coincidence?

AlphaAndOmega #382 Posted Oct 20 2012 - 17:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5978 battles

View PostThenoob1234, on Oct 20 2012 - 03:40, said:

Do I spy a reference to my story, or is that "Sherman getting the !#$% beaten up by a tiger tank" just a coincidence?

Probably just coincidence.

Spanisharmada #383 Posted Oct 22 2012 - 22:31

Major

• Players
  • 13866 battles
  • [MEX] MEX
NJ Alpha

BTW I beat you to Chronicles on WoWs forums  :Smile_trollface-3:

AlphaAndOmega #384 Posted Oct 24 2012 - 04:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5978 battles
IN THE LAST EPISODE OF "WORLD OF TANKS CHRONICLES: THE STEEL SOLDIER"...

Spoiler                     

CHAPTER 51: THREE R’S

Eventually, the madness subsided, and there could be only one:

In the end, we were the victors!

However, at what price?

“This is fireteam leader Alpha to fireteam leaders Bravo & Charlie: Lagarde, Deveraux, give me a casualty count, over!”

Lagarde & Deveraux looked our guys over before Lagarde spoke up:

“Sir, we’ve lost Bohater, Mackson, Preussler, D’Coolette, Lezinenko and Betzel.”

“We also lost Quentin and Dobrzeszki,” added Deveraux.

“OK, thank you for your investigation,” said Boyesen.

After the battle, we dealt with the bodies in whichever manner was requested by our fallen friends.

Some, we buried or cremated at the battlefield and held a solemn, impromptu burial ceremony for them.

Others were hauled back to HQ for further processing, where they were to be shipped back to their closest living family members and those poor souls notified of the terrible losses they incurred.

Even with all the stuff I’d seen, it still gave me pains to think about anyone in this mad world being told that their loved ones had died.

It also gave me pains when I involuntarily thought of my loved ones.

I hadn’t seen them ever since I joined the armored divisions, though I did keep in contact with them as best as I could possibly manage.

When the Dark Times came about, I lost all knowledge of their whereabouts.

I felt like crying because of what might have happened to them.

On the other hand, they weren’t exactly the best people in the world, so it was a bit difficult to feel sad for them.

That aside, Yayax Squad brought along some heavy transport trucks to cart away the remains of the blown up tanks, in the hopes that these wrecks could keep giving life to battle-worn but still functioning vehicles.

That answers my question, I suppose.

Speaking of tanks, our opponents had some pretty impressive equipment, such as an IS-4 No. 6, an AMX-50 “Foch” and a Löwe, but nothing that wasn’t in my files.

And speaking of battle wear, Goliath had taken some serious damage during the battle, but thanks to the recent re-build, it held together about as well as a new tank.

Before leaving, I checked the corpses of our foes, but there was no evidence to indicate that they were members of W.G.’s cadre.

Then, we all headed back to HQ, where Boyesen had a little speech for the survivors:

“Ladies and gentlemen, congratulations on winning this difficult battle. Our analysis showed that these tankers were trained professionals, which makes our victory all the better. I am proud to be commanding such a fine group of tankers!

Having said that, there is one issue that I would like to address: We lost over half of our tanks during that battle. That may not sound like such a big deal to you, but we are still a small clan. At this point in the war, we cannot afford to keep taking losses like this, especially when we have advanced equipment in our motor pool! Because of these harsh losses, we will have to learn how to fight without superior numbers. We don’t know the troop strengths of every company & clan out there, but you can be damn well assured that they will be able to field a full complement of tanks for every battle, something that we cannot do.

In addition to honing our battle skills, we should also focus on our recruitment skills. A wise man once told me that there were three ‘R’s in the military: Recruitment, recruitment and recruitment. When I started this clan, I saw he was right. Even though we didn’t recruit a lot of tankers, it appeared that we recruited some fine ones. Unfortunately, we also lost some fine ones, too. While it was sadly too early for me to tell whether some of our fallen allies were fine tankers, I can tell you this: Each and every one of us is going to stay alert for some worthy replacements! Be sure of who you single out, though. Not everyone has their heart in the right place.

Speaking of hearts, our mission is going to be a little different from now on. One of our recent initiates has uncovered a devious scheme of worldwide proportions. We are going to challenge the best companies & clans out there and defeat them until the world is safe! To do this, we have to get the best tankers on our side! I am not lying to you people when I say that we hold our fate and the world’s fate in our hands! This isn’t about stopping Hitler or Mussolini or Hirohito now! This time, we may have to stop a great chunk of the world’s population, and I’m counting on all of you to get out there and succeed! Is that understood?”

Boyesen got a resounding “SIR, YES SIR!” from us all.

“OK! Make me proud! Heck, make yourselves proud, too!”

Boyesen got a nice round of applause.

I clapped a little longer than my compatriots.

After the speech, I told Boyesen: “Wonderful speech, comrade! It’s been a long time since I’ve heard one like that!”

“You’re welcome, soldier,” he replied. “Those aren’t just words, now. You’re the one who cued us in to this dastardly scheme, and you’ve got to help us out! Is that clear?”

“Yes, sir!”

From this moment forward, we trod over the same grounds that I’d covered before I met Yayax Squad.

Due to our shortage of manpower, I used plenty of anti-tank grenades + anti-tank mines to trip up our foes.

We fought various companies & clans, some of which were allied with “W.G”, and others who were not.

Some companies & clans – such as the Blitzkrieg Boys, the Armored Shadows, and the Soviet-American Alliance – did indeed make a return and were more powerful than ever.

The third of them was also very angry, and I knew why.

Other companies – such as the Farmers’ Brigade, the SS panzer division “Vidkun Quisling and the Telemark Expeditionary Force – did not come back.

Throughout it all, we got some quality tankers with powerful tanks to join us.

One of them was Jordan, who was still ticked off with me.

However, I explained the whole “W.G.” situation to him, and he forgot about his little grudge.

Apparently, he was stunned by what I’d just told him.

Another was an American.

I don’t know his name, but he and two of his comrades were black.

Another was white, and another guy was Asian.

This guy commanded a Terrible 30.

Or…I thought it was a Terrible 30, but something was off about it.

I just didn’t know what.

Anyways, as we tore through Europe, our clan grew in strength.

Not only that, but some existing members even got more advanced machines.

For example, Berezhkin got a KV-4 with a 107mm ZiS-24, and my friend Tregubov got a T-43 with a 100mm gun.

This growth also meant that we had to expand our roots, too.

The pinnacle of our campaign was when we fought the Red Wolves on their own turf.

I got very nervous about seeing them again, but with the kinds of tankers we had working for us, I gained a little confidence back.

This battle was perhaps tougher than the one we had against the 1st Imperial Guards Regiment, but we crushed them for good.

Boyesen asked for another casualty count, to which Deveraux replied: “Only two, sir: Lemieux and Weisserwulf.”

After the battle, we took some of the Red Wolves as prisoners and captured some of their vehicles for our own use.

I still refused to trade Goliath over, though.

We also brought over stuff from our old headquarters, which was a difficult job because some of it couldn’t traverse bridges.

To avert this problem, Yayax Squad used an unusual sort of aircraft to haul supplies: A wingless aircraft with a large propeller on top plus a smaller propeller on its tail.

After some inquiry, I learned that this sort of aircraft was known as a “helicopter”.

Fascinating vehicle, it was.

In our new HQ, I took a little tour to get a better idea of the layout.

I even showed some of my comrades how I’d escaped from this place and some of the tricks I’d employed.

It brought back a painful memory or two, but I’m glad we stopped the Red Wolves for good!

Tregubov found an unusual gray rectangular device in one of the offices.

It was labeled as a “Game Boy”, but this electronic implement bore no resemblance to a child.

After giving a thorough inspection of it, I located the power switch and activated it.

The only thing that happened was that a black rectangle descended from the top of its display, whereupon the machine beeped as the rectangle stopped in the center of the display.

I shut the device off and left it, wondering if it was perhaps related to the “Chevrolet Bel Air” from 1972.

In the meantime, I took a special red banner as a souvenir of victory.

It had the Red Wolves’ emblem on it plus the text “За стаи!” (EN: “For the pack!”)

This period of calm, however, was shattered when Boyesen came to me about something.

“Well, I think we’ve gone and done it this time,” he said.

“Done what?” I asked.

“Just read this.”

He gave me the following letter:

“Dear Mr. Boyesen:

We are the Old Masters.

Throughout the years, we have been monitoring the actions of humanity very closely. Unfortunately for you and your pitiful friends, we had decided that your kind was unfit to live and govern itself, so we have been undertaking a sacred mission to assume our rightful mantle as the rulers of the human race.

However, our efforts had stalled due to the misplaced determination of your race. Members of our clan had participated in the major conflicts of your planet, and through these engagements, we had been temporarily bested as a consequence of the surprising mental and physical fortitude that members of your kind had exhibited. Now, your reign of tyranny is at an end.

In this current campaign, we had finally fashioned the perfect plan. Alas, counter to our expectations, we witnessed as you so brutally massacred our faithful disciples. On the other hand, we are satisfied to see that you have unwittingly done our bidding for us. Thanks to your well-intentioned plan of battle, we can truly carry out our plan to fruition. Our disciples were useless and were in fact an obstacle to our plan. Since they have been subdued, you are hopeless to stop us now.

We offer you now a chance to continue your unwarranted existence: Surrender to us and permit us to adopt the station of the world’s rulers – the very same position that your kind has proven gravely incompetent to hold. If neither you nor your allies will agree to our charitable offer, then we shall have no choice but to terminate you mercilessly.

Should you wish to combat us and die honorably, though, we can be located at the Province of Campania, in the realm you refer to as “Italy”. Otherwise, we shall obliterate you as cowards, your surviving folks shall be forever branded as cowards and all their descendants shall be branded as cowards until the end of existence itself.

Remember this:

We shall never forgive.

We shall never forget.

Expect us.

-With lowest regards,
W.G.

P.S., When you go to Hell, be sure of yourself. You will be there forever.”

On the one hand, I was not excited by the prospect of having to face a foe more powerful than any I had ever encountered before and having to face a steep penalty for failure.

To be honest, I knew that this was going to happen eventually, but W.G.’s letter really pounded it into my consciousness.

On the other hand, I had friends helping me out, plus, I was finally about to draw this whole saga to a close!

“Well,” I asked Boyesen, “what is your choice?”

“It’s your choice too, soldier,” he replied. “What is it?”

“We fight.”

k9catforce #385 Posted Oct 24 2012 - 06:14

Major

• Players
  • 4999 battles
  • [STEC] STEC
:D I'm in....

I shall be writing about my crew's experiences with yayax squad!

k9catforce #386 Posted Nov 09 2012 - 07:20

Major

• Players
  • 4999 battles
  • [STEC] STEC
Alpha, you might need to grab a defibrillator

Andrew62150 #387 Posted Nov 27 2012 - 01:33

Private

• Players
  • 41 battles
Time to necrotize this thread....

Andrew62150 #388 Posted Nov 28 2012 - 08:04

Private

• Players
  • 41 battles
Bump.....

sammysammy12 #389 Posted Dec 21 2012 - 19:22

Private

• Players
  • 8158 battles
  • [WG1SU] WG1SU
i like bacon

Winterpwner #390 Posted Jan 01 2013 - 03:25

Major

• Players
  • 8418 battles
  • [ANZIO] ANZIO
Let's do this.

k9catforce #391 Posted Jan 02 2013 - 07:16

Major

• Players
  • 4999 battles
  • [STEC] STEC

View PostWinterpwner, on Jan 01 2013 - 03:25, said:

Let's do this.

So you're taking over?

Winterpwner #392 Posted Jan 04 2013 - 02:35

Major

• Players
  • 8418 battles
  • [ANZIO] ANZIO
No, I'm not. I don't feel like I'm up to take over people's stories. Besides, I like his style of writing. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users