World of Tanks Chronicles: The Steel Soldier

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
391 replies to this topic

AlphaAndOmega #341 Posted Sep 06 2012 - 02:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5978 battles
IN THE LAST EPISODE OF "WORLD OF TANKS CHRONICLES: THE STEEL SOLDIER"...

Spoiler                     

CHAPTER 44: ET TU, HITLER?

Unfortunately, it didn’t matter what I did with that diamond, because I still had those dreams about the shadowy figures when I went to sleep, and those dreams were increasing in frequency, as they had been for the past few months.

As usual, they were demanding “The key”, an object that I knew nothing about.

When I woke up from my latest dream, I got so frustrated that I flipped over a desk that I kept in my hideout for doing paperwork – planning, writing, etc…

I knew this was a childish thing to do, but in war, things change.

People act funny sometimes, you know?

Besides, I’d had enough of these dreams, and I had no idea what this key was supposed to do or even where it was.

Until then, I’d keep searching for these people, and in the meantime, I’d have to live with this.

After I had breakfast in the morning, I turned my desk back upright and picked up anything that had spilled onto the floor.

Now, today’s order of business was to devise some new tricks that I could hide up my sleeves.

First of all, planting anti-tank mines had saved me on numerous occasions, but it worked better when I was not under fire from enemy tanks.

If I needed to plant a mine while trying to get away from a pursuing vehicle, it was difficult to do so with any accuracy, though I had been lucky at Erlenberg.

So, I set to work designing a mine dropper for Goliath.

After a bit of cutting and welding, I got the device attached, but the only issue left was to get it to activate.

Scrap metal wasn’t the only thing I plundered, either.

I had some spare electrical wire lying around and some electrical expertise – not a whole lot, mind you, but enough to set up a simple switch.

The mine dropper was also set up to arm a mine automatically when it dropped one, so I used a few inert mines to test it and the test went well.

However, with the added weight of the mine dropper, I figured that the engine could use a little upgrade too, so I got to work on that.

When I was done, I had converted the engine to the V-5F standard, the same as in the T-150.

However, the coup de grace was yet to come.

While looking through all my files, I remembered a special modification that the Soviet Military did to some of its tanks before the fall.

It was a “Teletank”, a remote-control variant of commonly-used light tanks.

Finding a suitable tank for the job was easy, as I located a damaged T-50 one day while cruising in Prokhorovka.

I towed it all the way back to my hideout, being careful to avoid enemy tanks.

Usually, they saw neither of us, but they did see the T-50 sometimes and just ignored it due to its condition.

When I got back home, I restored it to fighting condition and zipped around with it a little before putting it into storage.

The hard part was to modify the T-50 into a Teletank and modify Goliath into the control tank.

As you know, my electronics skills were lacking.

I thumbed through all my files, looking for any info on Teletanks, and after an extensive search, I finally found some schematics for a Teletank control + receiver unit.

Now, I just needed the components needed to construct these.

I went out with my T-150 and looked for some Soviet tanks to knock out.

At Malinovka, I spotted a T-28 and an SU-85, both of which looked perfect for the job.

I flanked the SU-85 and aimed for its engine bay.

After a few shots, the engine bay was smoking.

A couple of crewmen got out and attempted to repair the damage, but I used the turret-mounted machine gun to tag them.

With them out of the way, I aimed for the T-28, severing its track.

Again, the crewmen made a fatal mistake and tried to repair it under fire.

And again, they were cut down.

When the battle was over, I approached each tank and disassembled their radios in order to get the right components.

Once I collected all the necessary tubes and wires, I headed back to my hideout.

There were two other components I needed, too:

A balloon & a compressor.

These two components operated a series of pistons that worked the controls.

The compressor & pistons weren’t too hard to find in the wild.

Balloons, on the other hand, were almost impossible to find, so I just gathered up some fabrics and created a balloon back at my hideout.

After hours of hard work, I finally converted the T-50 into a Teletank, possibly the first of its kind.

Now, I just had to test it out.

I fired up both tanks and headed out into the wild.

The diagnostic tests worked out successfully; all functions, including driving, turret operation and weapons firing worked out successfully.

When I was all done, I pressed a red button on Goliath’s control box, which set off a smoke bomb that was placed in the Teletank.

After the smoke cleared, I drove both tanks back home, happy that the tests went well.

Back home, I removed the smoke canister from the Teletank and instead wired up a little “surprise” for anyone unfortunate enough to get close to the machine.

Now, off to battle!

For my next round, I proceeded to an area that I only had a vague memory of:

Lakeville.

As the name suggested, it was right next to a lake.

According to my estimations, it was somewhere in France.

First, before springing the Teletank into action, I drove it behind a house with some bushes nearby.

Next, I headed west, towards a valley.

The valley was split in the middle by a huge rock, and then narrowed out after the rock.

Since the narrow part was at the top of a small hill, I did not go up there because Goliath’s gun depression probably wasn’t good enough and because someone would be expecting me at this chokepoint.

Rather, I drove Goliath in reverse partway up the hill, and then planted a mine.

I then proceeded to plant mines in the more open area next to the big rock.

I only planted one at the narrow side of the rock because I figured that if they made it past any mines, then they would be forced to squeeze through here single file, where I could pick them off more easily.

When I took care of that side, I went to plant more mines at the northeastern sector, starting at the mouth of the town.

However, when I got to town, I spotted a random AMX-13 charging towards me.

I destroyed it, but then I had to hurry with the rest of the mines before other enemy forces got there.

There were actually two possible paths through this town, one which took a lower road and was right next to the lake, and one which took a higher road.

I place fewer mines near the higher road because I figured that the dead AMX-13 could hold them off for a bit.

Also, I stopped partway through so I could fire up the Teletank.

I guided the Teletank down the center path, which wasn’t easy because there were some rocks blocking my view.

At one point, I saw the Teletank nearly fall off the ledge and into the lake!

Luckily, all my training paid off, and I saw the Teletank get to the other side.

Of course, I saw enemy tanks trying to pick it off, and it even got its track broken.

When I spotted a Tiger II charging at it, I pressed the red button.

BOOM!!!

I set off a large amount of explosives, which knocked out the Tiger II at the cost of the Teletank’s life.

I finished setting up my remaining mines that I had and set up at the chokepoint in the valley.

A few minutes later, I heard explosions as a few tanks were foolish enough to trigger the mines.

I waited for an hour afterwards, hoping to catch one of them at a chokepoint that I’d set up, but nothing happened.

No other explosions went off, so I went to check the narrow point at the west side to see what happened.

Over here, I witnessed a Porsche Tiger and AMX-13 that had triggered mines, plus an ARL-44 that was at the top of the narrow pass.

I got the better of it, but it survived the hit.

With its tracks broken, however, it was going nowhere.

Falling back, I went to check the north.

I couldn’t see much from here, just a Lorraine 40-ton that tried to push through the center and failed.

I could see some smoke in the distance, but I wasn’t sure what I had killed.

For now, I was completely boxed in.

Given the pattern I had planted the mines in, I couldn’t go anywhere without getting destroyed.

Or could I?

Nah, better not take the risk.

Besides, I could get shot by another tank off in the distance.

All of a sudden, I spotted an AMX-13 emerging from the north!

Damn, he must’ve bypassed all of the mines!

He couldn’t bypass a 152mm shell, though.

Looking to the east, I noticed the corpse of the Lorraine 40-ton moving!

Something must be pushing it…but what?

By the time the 152 was reloaded, I saw very clearly what was pushing it:

An AMX-50/100.

I fired once I could see enough of it.

Being a higher-technology vehicle, though, it took the hit and kept going.

I threw an anti-tank grenade at its turret, disabling the vehicle.

Now, I just had to get around all the mines I’d placed.

To make my job easier, I disarmed a few and reloaded them.

Just like Pripyat, I followed the AMX-13’s tracks.

The problem was that the AMX-13 was narrower than the KV-2, so I had to be extra-careful.

On the way to town, I saw the corpse of a Panther that had tripped a mine.

Another problem was that I saw both a Panzer V/IV and a Char B1 guarding both entry points to the village.

I blew up the V/IV first because it was a bigger threat even with the Panzer IV’s 75mm gun.

I let the Char B1 bounce shells off of me while waiting to reload.

That turned out to be a bad idea because something else hit Goliath and did plenty of damage.

I needed to get into cover, and fast!

I tagged the B1 with the 152mm while on the move and just managed to avoid another shell from out of nowhere.

I dodged the remaining mines and pushed into the village.

At one road, I spotted a Porsche Tiger at an intersection.

I damaged it first, but it still managed to hit me.

Now, Goliath was doing quite badly.

Nevertheless, I pressed on, convinced that I didn’t have that much longer to go.

I dropped a mine at the intersection near the Porsche Tiger and dropped another mine a couple of meters away.

A few seconds later, I heard an explosion as the Porsche Tiger was put out of commission.

Soon, I discovered a JagdPanzer IV guarding a pass.

Having taken on JagdPanzers before, this one wasn’t much harder to destroy than others that had come before.

After it was gone, I left the town and came to a pass.

However, as I proceeded further, I spotted a tank destroyer of unknown type, possibly German.

I saw it turning to face me, so I tried to aim and shoot as quickly as I possibly could.

I managed to hit him, but it did not kill him, and fearing what he might do, I backed away.

The machine had fired a shot at me, but it missed because its gun had shaken when the 152mm shell hit it.

I stayed in cover, trying to come up with a viable solution to destroy it.

If this thing could survive a 152mm high-explosive shell without major system damage and deal so much damage back to Goliath, then I couldn’t fool around.

That 152mm cannon took a while to aim, so it would probably destroy Goliath if I tried to shoot and move.

About a minute or so later, I spotted the machine trying to come after me, but a second 152mm round finished it off.

Proceeding further, I saw another tank destroyer, which appeared to be based on a Tiger chassis of some sort.

However, I noticed that the crew was frantically trying to repair its engine.

I took a quick shot at its front, and while it didn’t destroy the machine itself, the gun was certainly disabled and at least one crewman was killed.

I knocked it out with an anti-tank grenade when I got close.

Hmmm…too easy!

Then again, as long as I’ve beaten them, why should I care?

About them:

They were the Holy Roman Alliance, a mixed French and German company who planned to unite France, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Austria and Italy into one big country, similar to the old Holy Roman Empire, hence the name.

From there, they planned to expand their empire.

Already, I knew that their plans would make them an enemy of several tank companies, including: Les Fils du Jean Valjean, the Molotov-Ribbentrop Coalition, the Soviet-American Alliance, the Red Wolves and others.

Given their technology level, I don’t think they’d have too much trouble facing any of them, unless all at once.

Speaking of technology, they really didn’t have much that was new to me.

First, they had a variant of the Panzer V/IV called the Panzer V/IV “Alpha”, which seemed to be a prize for special tankers of some kind.

Second, they had a tank destroyer known as a “Ferdinand”, which was based on the same chassis as Porsche’s version of the Tiger tank.

Suddenly, I had a realization:

Prior to the fall, I remembered hearing a few SU-76 crewmen refer to the SU-76 as the “bare-assed Ferdinand”, something that I never understood completely.

However, when I noticed that the layout of both the SU-76 and the Ferdinand were very similar, it all made sense!

Finally, the crown of the HRA’s armored forces was the JagdTiger, a fearsome tank destroyer based on the Tiger II chassis.

Given the fact that the Ferdinand & JagdTiger could mount 128mm guns, I was so lucky to have survived.

On the body of the JagdTiger’s commander, I found this note:

“Agent 986:

I offer you my sincerest complimentations for making ingress into the central sector. Since Agent 412’s efforts to maintain occupation of the eastern sector have failed, I now grant you the privilege of annexing this territory. In the unlikely scenario that you too shall fail, I will also request Agent 403 to cooperate with you. Despite a setback that his company has experienced, I am confident that your two companies shall be unconquerable when cooperating with each other.

Should you succeed as I have hoped, your reward will be greater than all the gold in the world. Do not disenchant me.

-With regards,
W.G.”

Another one? How many tankers does W.G. have working for him, I wondered?

And what are his…

OH NO!!!

I just realized something:

The Red Wolves were also under his command, and yet they should be enemies of the Holy Roman Alliance!

I’ve figured out what W.G.’s plans were:

He was planning to turn various tankers against each other so that he can eliminate the survivors and take over the world once the major action subsides!

But wait, if I’m destroying people like the Red Wolves and the Holy Roman Alliance, wouldn’t I simply be accelerating his plans?

No wait, that didn’t matter!

I just had to find W.G., and fast!

I didn’t even know where to look, but I just had to get home as quickly as possible!

With that, I got into Goliath and pushed the engine as hard as I could.

I stopped briefly, however, when I saw a German tanker in an SS uniform crawling away from a tank wreckage of some sort.

I got out of Goliath, but even though he was dying, I would not lend a hand.

I simply told him, “Hey you, I’ve seen your face before, my friend, but I don’t know if you know who I am.”

He just turned to me, and uttered these words:

“Sic…semper…tyrannis…”

Those were the last words he said.

With his last breath, he dropped something.

I picked it up and recognized it:

The black diamond!

It didn’t matter who had it, so I just took it with me and headed home for the usual repairs and maintenance.

I also demounted the Teletank control console and put it aside.

I had no further use for it, but then again…

_RayS_ #342 Posted Sep 06 2012 - 03:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7273 battles
Nice to see an update.

Been reading some of the Chronicles, and I've been eager for more.

Keep up the good work!

P.S. If I ever see you in battle with a KV-2, I'd be sure to run for my life...

k9catforce #343 Posted Sep 09 2012 - 04:23

Major

• Players
  • 4999 battles
  • [STEC] STEC
YOU STOLE MY STORYLINE! LOL

but really, that was my plan, but diffrent: W.G. wanted to take over the world... how would they do that? prolong the war and assist all sides...

AlphaAndOmega #344 Posted Sep 09 2012 - 20:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5978 battles

View Postk9catforce, on Sep 09 2012 - 04:23, said:

YOU STOLE MY STORYLINE! LOL

but really, that was my plan, but diffrent: W.G. wanted to take over the world... how would they do that? prolong the war and assist all sides...

In a way, W.G. is assisting all sides here. Think about it: He's got the Armored Shadows (US/Germany/USSR), Winter Warriors (Canada/USSR), Red Wolves (USSR), Electric Revolutionaries (US/France) and now the Holy Roman Alliance (Germany/France) under his wing, so he is assisting everybody...that is, until they're almost dead!

AlphaAndOmega #345 Posted Sep 09 2012 - 21:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5978 battles

Spoiler                     

CHAPTER 45: LAYING LOW

Once again, I had another one of those nightmares about the shadowy figures, and once again, they demanded that key.

I’ll find these bastards soon enough, and I’ll find W.G. too, even if it kills me!

After some thought, I decided to start my search in Karelia.

As usual, I chose the southern pass.

However, out of nowhere, I felt Goliath take a massive hit!!

I screamed as I thought I was going to be killed by that one!

Luckily, I survived, and started to drive to cover when I felt a weird draft coming into the tank.

I looked back and noticed something terrible:

My turret was gone!

I was shocked beyond all belief!

Shock, however, turned to anger within a matter of seconds.

I abandoned whatever was left of Goliath and ran in the direction of the shot.

I didn’t even care that another shell had been fired in my direction and that it just barely missed me.

I didn’t even care that somebody had now opened fire with a machine gun and was making dents in my armor.

I just wanted revenge.

I threw not one, but two anti-tank grenades when I was sure I’d found the perpetrator.

BOOM!!!

I sure got something…but what!?

A few seconds later, I spotted it:

It looked like an ISU-152, except it had a low-profile hull with more sloped armor plus that same “pike” as the IS-3 had.

It also had a large, long-barreled cannon.

Whatever it was, I was glad as hell that I torched it!

Unfortunately, Goliath was a mere shell of its former self.

Apparently defeated, but still alive, I drove whatever was left of Goliath back to my hideout.

I just couldn’t believe it.

My old friend had been destroyed before, but not like this.

I could replace the whole turret & gun, but that would take a while.

Also, I wasn’t sure whether I really wanted to replace that thing.

Maybe my escape from the Red Wolves, or any number of other actions that I’d committed in recent months had earned me some serious wrath.

I figured that it was time for me to go incognito again.

For now, I shelved Goliath and turned towards my other tanks.

For the first time in a while, I actually gave serious consideration to the KV-1.

The only problem with it was that its armament was underpowered, but you knew this already.

I started rummaging through all my spare blueprints until I found something that looked promising:

A 122mm U-11 howitzer.

Actually, the handbooks usually designated KV-1s with this weapon as “KV-9”, but I preferred the name KV-1 just for consistency.

Based on the specifications, it looked like it would give me plenty of firepower until I could resurrect Goliath.

So, I grabbed whatever pieces of scrap metal I could get and started to fabricate the gun.

Once it was all mounted, all that remained was to gather ammo.

After much searching, I found the proper shells at a random ammo dump.

Now to test it out!

I went to Prokhorovka, my traditional stomping grounds.

I saw a nice mix of tanks, none above Tier Five.

I located an M4 Sherman and put it in my sights.

BOOM!!!

The shell didn’t completely kill the Sherman, but it was certainly near death.

As I expected, reloading wasn’t quick, but it took maybe half as long as the 152mm M-10.

I finished off the Sherman and proceeded to destroy everyone else on the battlefield.

Satisfied, I went home.

For the next few battles, I got plenty of use out of my KV-1.

It was almost like I was driving Goliath before it became a KV-2!

I shed a tear when I thought of my old friend, but I didn’t let that get me down.

Even though I was driving a different tank, I never let go of my mission.

I was still going to look for W.G. and those shadowy figures, no matter where I went.

However, my search still rendered no results.

After a while, I decided to change gears and pick another tank.

Because it was too similar, I skipped the T-150 and chose the KV-3 instead.

You know, a funny thing happened with that tank:

I was engaging some foes from atop the hill at Malinovka when I heard some shots being fired from below me.

I peeked over the ledge and noticed a KV-4 engaging some targets.

That’s when I got an idea:

I drove off the ledge and tried to hit the KV-4.

I only clipped it with the KV-3’s barrel, which caused the tank to tip in the direction opposite the KV-4.

The impact was quite harsh on me, but my crew and I survived.

The KV-4 was now investigating the impact, so I decided to hijack it while it was surprised.

I opened up the rear hatch on the turret and sprayed inside the cabin with my PPSh-41, killing the crew.

Afterwards, I took control of the KV-4 and tested it out.

At first, I wasn’t sure I liked the KV-4.

It felt like I was driving a battleship on land, and I remembered how that was the downfall for the leader of the Gulag’s Rejects.

On the other hand, this tank was impervious to practically anything that the enemy could throw at it.

It also possessed superior firepower compared to the KV-3.

Judging by the ammunition it used and the shape of the gun, I concluded that this particular specimen was equipped with the 122mm D-25T.

While it wasn’t completely effective against higher-tier tanks, it still packed plenty of power.

I destroyed the rest of the enemy forces here and drove home, abandoning the KV-3.

Back home, I tuned up the KV-4’s engine…er, I should say “engines” because it was equipped with two V-2KF diesel engines.

Anyways, I tuned the engines and transmission, hoping to get better performance from them.

While the KV-4 was surprisingly fast going downhill, it was slower than the KV-2 or KV-3 when on flat ground or when going uphill.

After repairs and maintenance, I took the KV-4 out for further testing.

I still did not find W.G., but I tore up a lot of tanks in the process!

Those tune-ups also helped, despite not giving a huge boost in power.

At one battle in Erlenberg, I witnessed a most incredible sight:

There was a T-34 with what appeared to be a 57mm gun taking on tanks more powerful than itself.

I couldn’t really tell, but it appeared that this one was going a bit fast for a T-34, but probably not as fast as a T-50.

Strangely enough, it was also able to kill these tanks with only one shell each, and its opponents appeared to be healthy for the most part!

The way this guy (lady, perhaps?) drove his tank, he drove it with such grace & ease that it was almost as if he were dancing with it, a sort of “tank ballet”, if you will.

I tried to get a better look with my binoculars.

I’m not sure, but I saw what appeared to be some sort of “winged shield” emblem on the turret sides.

I thought I also saw the letters “SR” emblazoned on the shield, but the tank was going quite fast, so I may have been mistaken.

I just went back home before it spotted me.

After all, if anyone can do that sort of damage with a mere T-34-57, then I don’t think I want to mess around with it.

Back home, I decided that now was the time.

I’d already spent enough time without Goliath, so I decided to grab all the scrap metal I’d collected and start fabricating a new turret & gun.

It took a while, but after a lot of blood, sweat and gears, my old friend was back to normal!

Well…except for certain imperfections that the old turret had picked up as battle scars, but that’s another story.

After repainting the turret, I was all set to continue my search for W.G. & the shadowy figures!

k9catforce #346 Posted Sep 10 2012 - 01:31

Major

• Players
  • 4999 battles
  • [STEC] STEC
hmmm... T-34-57 that destroys higher tiers? that machine gun of a cannon will do that.

cheesellama #347 Posted Sep 10 2012 - 01:44

Major

• Players
  • 5673 battles

View PostAlphaAndOmega, on Sep 04 2012 - 00:47, said:

It is? According to what I read somewhere on this site, Live Oaks was originally going to be called "Kansas", so I am led to believe that it could be there.

Also, I've found little to no evidence of any town in America called "Live Oaks". However, I did find more than one town called "Live Oak", including two in California, so that's whiy I picked it. Then again, this story is not really meant to be pinpoint-accurate, so there will be accuracy issues.

No, highway was originally going to be called Kansas, not Live Oaks. Live Oaks was it's name since the beginning.

Anyway, I forgot why I thought it was in Texas. It might be in California after all.

Nice chapters BTW.

Also, are you sure this is fan art? Seems like it should be in off-topic.

k9catforce #348 Posted Sep 10 2012 - 02:10

Major

• Players
  • 4999 battles
  • [STEC] STEC

View Postcheesellama, on Sep 10 2012 - 01:44, said:

No, highway was originally going to be called Kansas, not Live Oaks. Live Oaks was it's name since the beginning.

Anyway, I forgot why I thought it was in Texas. It might be in California after all.

Nice chapters BTW.

It is fan art because writing is a type of art. off topic is for bronies, bacon lovers, etc.

AlphaAndOmega #349 Posted Sep 10 2012 - 04:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5978 battles

View Postcheesellama, on Sep 10 2012 - 01:44, said:

Nice chapters BTW.

Highway? Funny, I'm not sure I've read that anywhere. Maybe I should pore through the archives...

It's funny how you made that query just now. I mean, we've had quite a few people writing stories here for months and nobody's questioned that. Actually, when I was just starting this whole thing, I wondered if I should put this here or in the "Off-Topic" section, but since I'd already found a couple of stories in this forum, I figured that this was the best place.

cheesellama #350 Posted Sep 13 2012 - 00:55

Major

• Players
  • 5673 battles

View PostAlphaAndOmega, on Sep 10 2012 - 04:01, said:

Highway? Funny, I'm not sure I've read that anywhere. Maybe I should pore through the archives...

It's funny how you made that query just now. I mean, we've had quite a few people writing stories here for months and nobody's questioned that. Actually, when I was just starting this whole thing, I wondered if I should put this here or in the "Off-Topic" section, but since I'd already found a couple of stories in this forum, I figured that this was the best place.

I started one in the off-topic on the Type 62 since more people read the off topic.

AlphaAndOmega #351 Posted Sep 14 2012 - 00:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5978 battles

Spoiler                     

CHAPTER 46: CHILDREN OF ALAMOGORDO

I still couldn’t find either of them, and at a seaside Cliff, I found nothing except a lone American SPG of unknown type.

Despite its apparent size & weight, it only took one shell to destroy it.

I continued patrolling the area, hoping to locate more enemy tanks.

At first, my search seemed hopeless, but then, I froze when I saw it:

The horde.

It was a group of American heavy tanks & tank destroyers, all travelling together!

I could pick out a few familiar types in the group: Terrible 29s, Terrible 25 ATs and Terrible 32s.

The rest were unfamiliar to me, and I wasn’t just going to sit here trying to get a closer look!

As they were headed in my direction, I turned around and pushed Goliath’s engine as hard as it would go.

I even dropped a few mines for them!

A couple of minutes later, I heard the satisfying sound of explosions as the mines detonated.

However, the horde kept going, so I adopted a new tactic:

I perched Goliath on a ledge overlooking the western pass and waited for the horde to come back around.

As they did, I targeted one of the tanks in the read and opened fire.

However, the shell didn’t kill it, so I withdrew before anyone spotted me.

In addition to this, I threw some anti-tank grenades, but some of these machines proved resistant to my grenades.

I continued fighting with all of my sneaky tactics: sniping, grenades and mines.

Soon, they were down to just one heavy tank, something with a new hull and a rounded turret.

I fired a 152mm shell at it, but didn’t kill it.

Unfortunately, I was completely out of ammunition now!

This time, I got a radio call from the remaining tank:

“You kill friends!!! Now I kill you!!!!”

“Come on, then!! I’m not afraid of you!!!!” I replied.

Actually, I was pretty scared.

Without any ammunition except for the machine guns (which were no good against tanks, anyways), I had no way to defeat this tank.

To save myself trouble, I just hid in a corner where I was sure he wouldn’t find me.

Unfortunately, he found me anyways and fired a shot at Goliath, doing major damage.

When Goliath was shaken, I felt something hit my leg.

I had one last anti-tank grenade left!

I picked it up and threw it, which was a good thing because that heavy tank was coming right for me!

Unfortunately, the grenade flew over the tank and missed!

Now what!?

I had to do something…and fast!

Noticing that I was right next to the cliff itself, I got a great idea!

I put Goliath’s engine into overdrive and hoped for the best.

Luckily, the enemy tank just barely missed Goliath, plunging off the cliff to its death!

Now, it was time to find out who this massive horde belonged to.

They were known as “The Manhattanists”, an experimental group of super soldiers created by the US Military.

Judging by their mutated appearances and ragged uniforms, it seemed that the experiments had gone wrong somehow and that they’d escaped from their masters.

Of course, being super soldiers, it was easy to see how they could have escaped.

As I’d noticed, they were able to arm themselves with some high-tech heavy tanks & tank destroyers.

First of all, they had yet another heavy tank on the same chassis as the Terrible 29 & 32, called the T34.

Wait…WHAT!?

Are they serious!?!??!?

Did they really copy the name of one of the most well-known Soviet tanks!?!?

Granted, I was more concerned with the Soviet heavy tanks, but still, this seemed like a lazy decision on their part or a deliberate attempt to mislead people.

As a result, I decided to only refer to this tank as the “Phony 34”, or the T36.

That aside, one of their tank destroyers was known as the “T28”.

Actually, there were two tank destroyers bearing that designation, one without a turret.

The one I encountered was of the turreted variety, which, strangely enough, couldn’t rotate its turret all the way around.

Sometimes, I just don’t understand American tank designers.

I didn’t care to re-designate that one because the T-28 medium tank wasn’t as well-known as the T-34.

Their lone SPG was designated the T92.

Another tank destroyer was designated the T95, which was essentially a variant of the T28 with thicker armor, two sets of tracks and a wider choice of guns, including a fearsome 155mm gun.

I was lucky to have defeated it by myself.

Finally, their heavy tank was known as the M103, and given that it could mount a 105mm gun or two types of 120mm guns, I was also lucky to have survived an encounter with it.

Having triumphed once again, I returned home to repair and rearm.

However, a few days after I returned home, I began to feel sick for some reason.

I was feeling tired, and because I had to throw up, I removed my face shield.

It’s a good thing I made it retractable because throwing up with that thing on would not have been fun.

I just ended up lying in bed for a while.

I suspected that the stress of battle was wreaking havoc on my immune system.

Or maybe it had something to do with The Manhattanists?

Whatever the cause, I just decided to take it easy, which was not such a good idea with W.G. still at large.

However, if I pushed myself too hard, I might end up dead, so I just lay there and accepted this brutal contradiction for now.

To make matters worse, I had another one of those dreams about the shadowy figures.

However, this one was different.

I could see a couple in the foreground, with more behind them.

I could only see part of their faces, though, because they were wearing hooded robes and the hoods covered a lot of their face.

They made the same demand, but this time, they had a whole speech:

“Tanker, we have been following thy movements. We are displeased with thou. Give in to our demands! Bring us the key or thou shalt perish! Do not attempt to flee us. We are everywhere and we are nowhere. For centuries, they have tried to hunt us! For centuries, they thought they had kept us down! But now, it is our turn! Once we have that key in our possession, then a new beginning shalt be ushered in! Tanker, we know thou hast this key. Deliver it to us or suffer an eternal fate! Decide now!”

Despite my sickness, the dream was oddly clear.

For some reason, I also knew where they were.

As I lay there in bed, I could only think one thing:

These people…they’re trying to kill me…but I will kill them!

k9catforce #352 Posted Sep 14 2012 - 04:48

Major

• Players
  • 4999 battles
  • [STEC] STEC
well, if our stories ever to meet (Don't know why that would happen..) My crew's gonna have a very hard time...

Winterpwner #353 Posted Sep 14 2012 - 21:18

Major

• Players
  • 8463 battles
  • [ANZIO] ANZIO
Just wondering if it's possible; Can I start a spinoff in the same timeline?

AlphaAndOmega #354 Posted Sep 14 2012 - 21:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5978 battles

View PostWinterpwner, on Sep 14 2012 - 21:18, said:

Just wondering if it's possible; Can I start a spinoff in the same timeline?

Go ahead!

Winterpwner #355 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 03:58

Major

• Players
  • 8463 battles
  • [ANZIO] ANZIO

View PostAlphaAndOmega, on Sep 14 2012 - 21:32, said:

Go ahead!

Thank you!

General534 #356 Posted Sep 17 2012 - 23:29

Major

• Players
  • 1019 battles
I think the key is Goliath! Or that TankPortal! Or maybe the diamond? The flag? The paint? The howitzer. The armor? The beta access code!!!!!!!!!

AlphaAndOmega #357 Posted Sep 19 2012 - 02:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5978 battles
Hey, welcome back!

We'll see soon enough!

...or WILL we!? :Smile-playing:

General534 #358 Posted Sep 20 2012 - 22:54

Major

• Players
  • 1019 battles
???

Hey I blew up Sir-not-appearing-in-your-story.

That dirty Ratte...err rat.

EDIT:

OH, when you left Himmelsdorf you forgot to kill this giant tank colony carrying top secret info with a giant tarp over it reading "WG". Trying to investigate that.

Edited by General534, Sep 20 2012 - 22:56.

k9catforce #359 Posted Sep 21 2012 - 00:00

Major

• Players
  • 4999 battles
  • [STEC] STEC
Also you drove past turtle's hideout...

but my crew were too busy building the franken-T30 to notice, and the Poles were out partying or something... my crew does not know what they do.

EDIT:

LOL I really don't think I'm going to reference stories too much anymore... maybe once in a while, but original ideas are the best.

Edited by k9catforce, Sep 21 2012 - 00:01.

General534 #360 Posted Sep 21 2012 - 17:20

Major

• Players
  • 1019 battles

View Postk9catforce, on Sep 21 2012 - 00:00, said:

Also you drove past turtle's hideout...

but my crew were too busy building the franken-T30 to notice, and the Poles were out partying or something... my crew does not know what they do.

EDIT:

LOL I really don't think I'm going to reference stories too much anymore... maybe once in a while, but original ideas are the best.

Lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users